Brains, Beauty & Business!
The motto I mentally came up with to sum up #BlogConLondon which ulitmately became a huge success thanks to the lovely Scarlett; a London based fashion, beauty & travel blogger. (FYI, I want her life like, right now).
It was mandatory I attended as one of my goals for 2017 was to take part in as many networking events as I could prior to me being very passionate about blogging. I literally put my life on hold when I first came across the invite, anything I had planned that day had to be cancelled.
Saturday 18th March was the icing on the cake for me. I had the opportunity to interact with like-minded creators from all over the world as well as upcoming brands with the most unique, convineant products. One thing I love the most, is connecting with people who share the same vision as I do, who share the same passions as I do, and who are taking action in what I want to do. Evidently, I’m so happy I got to experience something like #BlogConLondon!
I got the chance to learn how to extend my social media presence, inspiring talks from the ones who have fulfilled this and transformed it into a business and genuine interactions with new people. Bring on next year!
Without further ado, here are a few great brands that made a special appearance!
A clear lip gel that tackles cold sores, leaving lips with a moisturized effect💋
A melting cleansing balm, removes makeup, grime and environmental residue 🌝
Multi Award Winning & natural beauty oils hand made in Devon 🌹✨
Dermatologist developed skincare clinically proven to visibly transform all skin types. 💆🏾
The Glam App
Beauty Straight to your door! 💄
Chichi Clothing – An online fashion retailer specializing in dresses for all occasions 👗
If you ever want to turn blogging into a career, here are top 5 tips given by Hayley Rubery:
- Stay true to yourself.There’s enough room in the industry for everyone and there’s so many brands out there. Do what you’re passionate about and the rest will fall into place.
- Treat your blog as a business– How you present yourself on and offline is very important. Your blog needs to be professional and easy to read. When you become a full time blogger it’s good to send an email to everyone you know, to let them know what you’re up to. Getting an accountant is also good option.
- Network– Go to as many events as you can as you never know who you’re going to meet. Make yourself known to people who should know you. Support other bloggers, this will go a long way.
- Save money – Making investments for your blog is a prioroty, especially for equipment
- Understand when brands need to pay you– This is normally as soon as they have any input or control over what you do. Never sell yourself short and set your fix higher than you think you deserve.